Saffery LLP is an independent top 20 firm of chartered accountants with nine offices across the UK and offices in Guernsey, Geneva and Zurich. Along with our Film, Television and Video Games offering we also focus on advising owner-managed businesses in a variety of commercial sectors, wealthy individuals, families and trusts, charities, other not-for-profit organisations and landed estates.
Our Film and Television team encompasses unrivalled expertise in film and television industries advising both individuals and business across the whole of the sector to maximise the potential of their business. From producers to exhibitors, cast and crew to post production houses, financiers to distributors, we apply passion, knowledge and expertise to fulfil your demands.
In the highly complex world of film production finances, our team has worked on Hollywood blockbusters, Independent films, art house titles and low and micro-budget features. We have advised on Films and franchises such as: Mission Impossible, Jurassic World, Star Wars, as well as 13 Lives, 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri and Death on the Nile.
In television we currently advise a number of production companies on the High End Television tax incentive including HBO, AMC, Netflix, Apple, Amazon, Character 7, ITV Studios, Carnival, Mammoth Screen and Big Talk Productions. Away from production we provide a wide range of audit and accountancy advice to financiers, distributors, studios and companies in the post production sector along with advice on employment tax issues and tax planning opportunities.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Structuring advice for filmmakers on UK TV and Film tax credits
- Helping maximise the UK TV Tax Relief available to British qualifying programmes
- Assistance with monitoring, compliance and liaison with the BFI and HMRC
- Auditors and accountant's reports, letters of comfort to financiers
- Tax advice regarding corporate structures, both UK and overseas
- Guidance on tax and social security-efficient filming in the UK and overseas
- Advice on withholding tax for performers in the UK and overseas
- VAT advice including assistance with registration company set-up and administration
- Statutory annual accounts, auditing and corporation tax return filing