Mental Health and the Law on a Film and TV Production
Lead by Matt Longley, Co-founder of 6ft From The Spotlight, providing mental wellbeing support to self-employed film/TV members. He sits on the Film and TV Charity’s working group to develop a mental health training framework and contributed to their Whole Picture Toolkit. This informative course covers Mental Health and the Law in the UK & Ireland, HSE Stress Management Standards and Stress Risk Assessments, with practical steps of how to discern, write and disseminate in-depth stress risk assessments.
Part 1: Mental Health and the Law
You will be able to identify and disseminate information pertaining to:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Safety, Health and Welfare Act 2005 (Ireland)
- Managing Health and Safety Regulations 1999
- Equality Act 2010 with reference to Mental Health, Stress and Wellbeing.
Part 2 : HSE Stress Management Standards
You will discern how and why stress management standards are relevant to Film and TV and influence leadership to implement these processes.
- HSE/HSA Stress Management standards as relevant to film and TV Production.
- Implement the standards on a production
- Gain senior buy in
- The business case for implementing the management standards
- Communicating the standards
Part 3: Stress Risk Assessments
In depth, practical ‘how to’ knowledge of risk assessment creation.
- Identifying the causes of Stress in a film and TV production
- Determining Risk
- Hierarchy of Controls
- Identifying existing controls
- Proposing new controls
- Implementing controls
Who is this Course for?
Producers, Senior HoDs, Health and Safety Advisers, Senior Managers in companies/organisations that work in the film and TV industry. Those wanting to work as Well Being Facilitators in the industry.
Date: Saturday 24th September
Time: 09.30 – 13.30
Duration: 4 hours
- This course will take place online via Zoom. It will be interactive with cameras and microphones on and trainees will be encouraged to ask questions and join discussions, and, we hope, very much enjoy the training.
How to Book:
- PG member: £120 + £1.88 booking fee + £24.38 VAT @ 20% = £146.26
- Non-member: £165 + £2.51 booking fee+ £33.50 VAT @ 20% = £201.01
- The course has 13 places. Please note that your place is not confirmed until we receive payment.
- If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org