Movie Magic: Scheduling Short Course
Led by Producer Rebecca Knapp, this two-day course is a hands-on introduction to Movie Magic Scheduling. This in-depth course is designed for people working in production, especially emerging producers, line producers, production managers, accountants, and emerging 1st ADs.
Training includes practice in breaking down a narrative script and extracting data from the script at a level of detail required to build industry standard budgets and schedules.
- Overview of script to budget process.
- Reviewing the key principles of breaking down a script.
- Hands on exercise entering the data for a short film.
- Once entered the basic tools for producing a first draft schedule.
- Using a sample schedule to do a fast ‘Automatic Schedule’ – entering day breaks and banners.
- Designing your strips.
- Detailed Scheduling exercise.
- Designing and exporting reports including DOODS, STRIP BOARDS AND “FULL FAT” SCHEDULES.
- Producing the Detailed Critical Assumptions Sheet that will “Drive” the budgeting process.
By the end of the course, you will have a greater understanding of the whole scheduling process and feel confident about starting to use Movie Magic Scheduling software on your own productions.
Who is this Course For?
No previous experience is required of MMS or detailed scheduling, but basic computer literacy and a familiarity with Film / TV production basics is assumed.
The course will be interactive with cameras and microphones on and trainees will be encouraged to ask questions and join discussions, and, we hope, very much enjoy the training.
Rebecca Knapp, Tutor:
Rebecca is a line producer/producer who has been working in film and television production for over twenty years, overseeing hundreds of projects.
Her films have been nominated for four BAFTA’s, won over thirty international awards, played in hundreds of festivals (including: London, Edinburgh, Berlin, AFI and Palm Springs) and been distributed across the globe. As well as working in production, she has been asked to lecture and mentor for a range of industry bodies and universities.
How to Book
- Login to PGGB profile below (if applicable)
- Select relevant course date below
- Please note that your place is not confirmed until we receive payment.
- If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MMS licences are kindly being provided by Entertainment Partners for the duration of the course.
Cost (two-day course):
£299.35 + VAT @ 20% £59.87 = £359.22
£380.50 + VAT @ 20% £76.09 = £456.59
We recognise that this is a challenging time for many in our industry and we're keen to make this course accessible. So if cost is a barrier for you, please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.
Join waiting list
The resource you are attempting to access is exclusive to PGGB members.
Please login below to access this content.