CineArk is one of the UK’s leading remote production and film equipment rental houses. They specialise in DIT, Video, RF, Comms and VFX and are committed to providing industry leading support solutions for productions and crew alike.
The session looks at:
- On Set Workflow - Overview of DIT, Video, Transmitters and how they work together.
- Overview of key terminologies - QTake, QTake Server, Reprostream, LTO etc.
- Roles of a DIT from on set grading and colour management to data backup and Lab liaison
- Which transmitter do I need? How do they differentiate from each other?
- How best to manage video streaming and comms on set and internationally.
- The role of video on set, and how this directly impacts shooting efficiency
- How data flow between camera, continuity, editorial and VFX is achieved and why it matters.
- The importance of data security on set.
- How to improve comms on set and beyond.
- How to mitigate prep, wrap and travel delays.
The masterclass provides valuable insight and includes a Q&A.
Hosted by James Metcalfe, the Managing Director of CineArk having previously worked as a DIT for over a decade on productions including Dr Strange, Rings of Power and Morbius.
Spencer Weekes is the Head of Production at CineArk, having overseen the rapid growth of CineArk from a bespoke storage facility for freelancers to the largest provider of Video, DIT and RF solutions in the UK.
Dan Hartley worked for over twenty years as a video assist operator on studio films where he was instrumental in the growth of on-set editing. More recently he has turned his attention to directing with debut feature film Lad and HBO/Sky feature documentary, David Holmes: The Boy Who Lived. Dan acts as the strategic director for CineArk.