Managing Mental Health for Crew
Lead by Matt Longley, Co-founder of 6ft From The Spotlight, that provides mental wellbeing support to self-employed film/TV members. Matt is an accredited i-act instructor who delivers The Royal College of Psychiatrists accredited i-act course Managing Mental Health for Crew Course. This course offers practical tools for helping recognise when colleagues may need further help and support and gives guidance of how to manage mental health and wellbeing issues. The objective is to promote positive wellbeing on set to help build resilience for all crew. This course comes with an evidence-based course manual, toolkit and resource pack that will be sent to each participant in advance of the course.
What does this course cover?
- What Is Mental Health & wellbeing?
- Classification of Mental Health issues Substance misuse, Anxiety, Depression and Suicide. Stigma and discrimination, Psychosis. Improving wellbeing and resilience.
- Sign posting, self-help, professional help.
- Mental Health and the Law.
- Equips Heads of Department/crew with practical tools, a resource pack and signposting to further help and support concerning mental health and wellbeing issues. The manual includes over 50 practical tools to support crew and over 95 agencies/organisations to refer on to.
- Advises Heads of Department/crew of the requirements of the law with regards to Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- The course highlights what managers need to know about managing mental health in the workplace (for example, regarding legislation and The Health and Safety Executive).
- The course comes with free access to all of the on-line i-act resources.
Who Is this course for?
Producers, Line Producers, Heads of Department or anyone who manages or supervises others. Any crew who want a better understanding of how to deal with mental health for themselves and their colleagues.
Date: Saturday 17th September
Time: 09.30 – 13.00 (3.5 hours duration)
- This course will take place online via Zoom. It will be interactive with cameras and microphones on and trainees will be encouraged to ask questions and join discussions, and, we hope, very much enjoy the training.
How to Book:
- PG member: £150 + £2.30 booking fee + £30.46 VAT @ 20% = £182.76
- Non-member: £195 +£2.93 booking fee+ £39.59 VAT @ 20% = £237.52
- The course has 13 places. Please note that your place is not confirmed until we receive payment.
- You will be sent a manual in advance of the course to refer to during the training. Please note that your name and address will be shared with the training provider so that they can send you your copy.
- If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org