We are delighted to open applications for the ScreenSkills Step up to Production Accountant in film Programme.
The full course will run across six half day sessions on:
- Tues 17th January 2023
- Wed 18th January 2023
- Thurs 19th January 2023
- Tues 24th January 2023
- Wed 25th January 2023
- Thurs 26th January 2023
Each session will run from 9.00am to 1pm.
This programme is supported by ScreenSkills as part of the BFI Future Film Skills programme using funds from the National Lottery.
This course will be run remotely using Zoom.
This programme will support assistant production accountants in their transition to the production accountant role and enable them to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to step up. It will also seek to support new production accountants and help increase their confidence and broaden their knowledge – filling any skills gaps that they may have become apparent as they have stepped up.
During this training participants will:
- Gain clear insight and understanding of the role and responsibilities of the production accountant
- Be tutored and guided by experienced and established production accountants/financial controllers
- Benefit from mentorship and guidance from both tutors, the Production Guild and their peers
Who is the course aimed at?
This six-half day course is designed for experienced assistant production accountants working in film who wish to progress their careers to the next level and aims to support their transition to production accountant positions in the film sector.
This course is recommended for:
- 1st Assistant Accountants who have held this position on at least three feature films
- 1st Assistant Accountants who have recently stepped up and wish to expand their knowledge base
What the course covers:
This training scheme will build upon existing knowledge with newly acquired skills, taught by established and leading financial controllers / production accountants and will cover:
- The role of the production accountant
- People management
- Payroll and contracting
- Insurance and taxation
- Accounting software
- VAT and tax relief
- Movie Magic Budgeting
This will be kept separate from your application.
Please return both forms to email@example.com
Assessment is on application form only, please do not send CV.
Fee: £100 plus booking fee & VAT
Payment to be made upon acceptance onto the programme
The deadline for receipt of applications is 10am Thursday 1st December 2022.