Movie Magic Training Weekends April/ May
Movie Magic Budgeting - Weekend Two - is now fully booked.
Weekend one: Sat 27th & Sun 28th April 2019
Weekend two: Sat 18th & Sun 19th May 2019
Production Guild member rate £475 plus VAT and ticketing fee
Non-member rate £617.50 plus VAT and ticketing fee
Sat 27th & Sun 28th April
Production Guild member rate £250.00 plus VAT and ticketing fee.
Non – member rate £325.00 plus Vat and ticketing feeMovie Magic Budgeting
Sat 18th & Sun 19th May
Production Guild member rate £250.00 plus Vat and ticketing fee.
Non – member rate £325.00 plus Vat and ticketing fee
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden Park, Hercules Way, Hertfordshire, WD25 7GS
Course tutor – Brian Donovan
Brian is a highly experienced Line Producer and UPM who works across major studio productions, independent film and high-end TV drama. His credits include Pan, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, and Allied. Brian has extensive experience of using Move Magic and trains production professionals around the world.
Run across two weekends, participants are encouraged to attend both in order to fully appreciate how Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting are integrated. No previous experience with either is required but basic computer literacy and a familiarity with Film / TV production basics is assumed. This in-depth and hands-on course is designed for people working in production, especially: emerging producers, line producers, production managers, accountants, and emerging 1st ADs.
Training includes practice in breaking down a narrative script and extracting data from the script at a level of detail required to build industry standard budgets and schedules.
SCHEDULING: SATURDAY 27th & SUNDAY 28th APRIL 2019
- Overview of script to budget process
- Reviewing the key principles of breaking down a script
- Overview of key components and tools within Movie Magic Scheduling
- The technical analysis of scripts to provide the data for Movie Magic Schedules
- Designing and exporting reports including DOODS
BUDGETING: SATURDAY 18th & SUNDAY 19th MAY 2019
- Introduction to the principles of budgeting
- Overview of Movie Magic Budgeting tools
- The interface between the Movie Magic Schedule and Budget
- Setting up and applying and working with: currencies, globals, fringes and groups
- Setting up and using library
- Setting up the topsheet
- Contractual charges and tax incentives
- Preparing for cost reports
By the end of the course you will have a greater understanding of the whole scheduling and budgeting process and feel confident about starting to use both Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting software on your own productions.
Where required, laptops and software will be provided for use during the course.
To book a place on both or either course, please use this link: https://productionguild.com/movie-magic-booking/