Sat 20th 9:30am - Sun 21st Jul 2019 5pm
PG Members £250 | Non-members £325.00 (all plus VAT and ticketing fee)
Movie Magic Budgeting weekend – 20 / 21st July
Production Guild member rate £250.00 plus VAT and ticketing fee.
Non – member rate £325.00 plus Vat and ticketing fee
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden Park, Hercules Way, Hertfordshire, WD25 7GS
Run over a weekend, this is a and hands-on introduction to Movie Magic Budgeting. No previous experience with either is required but basic computer literacy and a familiarity with Film / TV production basics is assumed. Training includes practice in breaking down a narrative script and extracting data from the script at a level of detail required to build industry standard budgets and schedules.
This training will be delivered by highly experienced Executive Producer, Producer and Line Producer Paul Sarony. Paul has extensive experience of working across feature films, dramas and documentaries. His credits include Mrs Brown, Show Dogs, Juliet Naked, and Being Mick.
- Introduction to the principles of budgeting
- Overview of Movie Magic Budgeting tools
- The interface between the Movie Magic Schedule and Budget
- Setting up and applying and working with: currencies, globals, fringes and groups
- Setting up and using library
- Setting up the topsheet
- Contractual charges and tax incentives
- Preparing for cost reports
Where required, laptops and software will be provided for use during the course.