Mon 23rd 9:30am - Tue 24th Aug 2021 1:30pm
IOSH PSP Safety Management in Film & TV Production
The course will be run via Zoom, with the training split over two days of four hours (09.30 to 13.30)
PG Members: £220 + booking fee + VAT
Non-members: £275 + booking fee + VAT
The course cost includes the delegate workbook which will be posted to your home address prior to the course. NB we will need to receive your payment in sufficient time to post the workbook to you ie by Thursday 19th August.
You must be over 18 to attend this course.
The course offers comprehensive and in depth Health & Safety & Risk Assessment training with practical training based on ‘real life’ film/media situations.
Course SummaryThis course is designed and delivered by Media Safety Limited covering health and safety for both freelancers and the employed working in film & TV production. It is IOSH and Safety Passport approved. The training is a comprehensive industry specific course delivered by health and safety practitioners allowing you to fully understand what skills and knowledge are needed for you to perform your role in production safely and efficiently. These essential skills are recognised and valued by productions and HoDs.
• Why risks need to be managed and the law
• How to establish the competence of individuals and contractors
• Individuals’ responsibilities in relation to safety management that aligns with the ScreenSkills standards
• How to identify risks associated with film production and how to assess the level of risk
• Risk assessments and how they are undertaken (using real life script and photo scenarios)
• Why and how it is important to communicate findings of risk assessments
• Why and how accidents need to be reported
• Where and how to find further information and advice on safety management
The course is very hands on with group exercises and open discussion where sharing of experiences and asking questions is encouraged.
Who is the course aimed at?Those working at all levels in film or TV, particularly attendees on past runner and location assistant course and media students.
How will it benefit my career?- Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive an IOSH Safety Management in Film & TV certificate, workbook and registration onto ScreenSkills Hiive’ database
- Develop their health and safety knowledge and skills on production
- Help their employment opportunities with productions and HoDs.
For information on Media Safety Limited click here
Need help with funding for training?
If you are looking for help to cover course fees there are several organisations that may be able to help you. For more information, click here.