Sat 23rd Jul 2022 10am - 1pm
This course will provide a comprehensive overview of efficient payroll processes and the implications of the PACT/Bectu agreements. It helps to give clarity around working with the agreements and how to streamline payroll processes.
This course will run from 10.00 to 13.00 and will be held online via Zoom on Saturday 23rd July 2022
Fees per each course:
PG Members: £85 + £1.39 (booking fee) + £17.28 (VAT) = £103.67
Non-members: £120 + £1.88 (booking fee) + £24.38 (VAT)= £146.26
What does the course cover?
The course will cover a range of subjects including:
• Basic understanding of cast/stunts and crew/dallies and construction payroll
• Understanding and cutting timesheets
• Establishing the difference between industry agreements
How to run and plan UK payroll
• Understanding payroll: importance of the role, timings, communication, end – to -end platforms, setting up systems.
• Being a Payroll Accountant: what you need to know, do and learn.
• Layout of the TV vs Film Pact/Bectu agreements: bullet points of differences and points in common, rate bands, high streamers phenomenon, technical Q&A.
• US studios regulations, IR35 updates, useful links.
• Technical Q&A: cutting construction’s timesheet.
Maryllis Gonzalez is a financial controller, mentor and transformational coach who has been in production accounting since 2005. Maryllis has worked in animation, documentaries, TV series, indie films all the way up to international blockbusters for US studios. In the last five years she has collaborated with the PGGB and other organisations imparting masterclasses, short courses and training for cast and crew. Her main professional and personal contributions are focused in making the industry a more wholesome, kind and fun environment to work in. Maryllis also has a Shooting in Spain Consulting firm (she is fortunate enough to live in sunny Mallorca) and is currently developing coaching courses as well as accounting training for various UK outlets.
The courses will be interactive with cameras and microphones on and trainees will be encouraged to ask questions and join discussions, and, we hope, very much enjoy the training.
Please book by following the link below to your chosen course(s)
Each course has 20 places. Please note that your place is not confirmed until we receive payment.
If you are looking for help to cover course fees there are several organisations that may be able to help you. For more information, click here.