Mon 20th 9am - Fri 24th Sep 2021 5pm
BFC/PGGB Production Coordinator Training Programme
The course will be held w/c 20th September 2021 and will run until Friday 24th September.
Fees: £100 + booking fee and VAT
Each day will be full time from approximately 09.30 to 17.00. There will be breaks morning and afternoon with an hour for lunch.
Who is the course aimed at?
This training course is designed for experienced production secretaries, assistant coordinators or theatre stage management, company management or production staff, ideally with two credits or significant experience.
This course is delivered online by an expert tutor, together with blended online learning through our Virtual Learning Environment. This course covers a range of core practical, organisational, and logistical skills and knowledge which are required by the role.
How will it benefit my career?
Successful applicants will gain an opportunity to undertake a high level of quality training with an experienced production manager. This will allow trainees to:
- Share knowledge, experience, best practice and address concerns with colleagues and peers
- Learn through simulation away from the pressure of everyday production
- Benefit from an immediate and long-term support network and resources online
This programme will ensure that participants will gain core skills, resources and understanding of the responsibilities regarding the administration of the production office related to the role of a production coordinator for film and HETV in the UK on both domestic and international productions. Areas covered will include:
• Setting up the production office and finance
• The shoot (RAs & paperwork)
• Interviews and recruitment
• Contracting (Equity, Pact, SAG, DGA) and clearances
• Deal memos
• Child licensing
• International and domestic travel and relevant documentation and procedures (inc hotels, accommodation & transport/shipping; Inoculations/Covid and travel; filming overseas - Visas & EU border requirements
• TMOs, Per diems
• Final Draft and BAFTA Albert masterclass
• Career paths and next steps
• best practice and wellbeing regarding mental health
Safety Management in Film & TV IOSH – delivered by Media Safety Ltd (additional fee charged).
The deadline for receipt of applications is 9am on Friday 3rd September 2021
Need help with funding for training?
If you are looking for help to cover course fees there are several organisations that may be able to help you. For more information, click here.