Sat 16th 9:30am - Sun 24th May 2020 5pm
Advanced Movie Magic Scheduling or Budgeting:
Production Guild members: £300 + ticketing fee + VAT
Non-members: £400 + ticketing fee + VAT
Discounted rate for booking both weekends:
Production Guild members: £550 + ticketing fee + VAT
Non-members: £700 + ticketing fee + VAT
Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden Park, Hercules Way, Hertfordshire WD25 7GS
Please note: this course is based on the current version of the Movie Magic software
Run across two weekends by leading line producer / UPM, Brian Donovan, participants are encouraged to attend both in order to fully appreciate how Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting are integrated.
Previous experience with MM is required as this is an advanced in-depth and hands-on course designed for people working in production, especially: emerging producers, line producers, production managers, accountants, and emerging 1st ADs.
Training includes practice in breaking down a narrative script and extracting data from the script at a level of detail required to build industry standard budgets and schedules.
SCHEDULING: SATURDAY 16TH AND SUNDAY 17TH MAY 2020
- Overview of script to budget process
- Reviewing the key principles of breaking down a script
- Overview of key components and tools within Movie Magic Scheduling
- The technical analysis of scripts to provide the data for Movie Magic Schedules
- Designing and exporting reports including DOODS
BUDGETING: SATURDAY 23RD & SUNDAY 24TH MAY 2020
- Introduction to the principles of budgeting
- Overview of Movie Magic Budgeting tools
- The interface between the Movie Magic Schedule and Budget
- Setting up and applying and working with: currencies, globals, fringes and groups
- Setting up and using library
- Setting up the topsheet
- Contractual charges and tax incentives
- Preparing for cost reports
By the end of the course you will have a greater understanding of the whole scheduling and budgeting process and feel confident about using both Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting software at an advanced level on your own productions.
If required, software will be provided for use during the course.
Need help with funding?
If you are looking for help to cover course fees there are several organisations that may be able to help you. For more information, click here.