The Extra Factor: Supporting Artists – Liability and Best Practice Report, and subsequent industry wide consultations, identified the need for a training course to encourage best practice and legal compliance for productions that work with supporting artists and their agencies.
Funded by Mad Dog 2020 Casting, this course has been designed by industry to teach best practice for both crew working with, and those legally responsible for, supporting artists on production.
There are two training modules – a full and half day course - both available free of charge to Production Guild members for them to use to train groups of industry professionals and/or students. Elements of the modules can also be incorporated into existing full or part time courses. The training materials include the full and half day module outlines, training scripts for tutors with questions to engage participants throughout the course These are supported by three additional documents:
· The Extra Factor PowerPoint
· The Extra Factor - Comparison of Union Agreements Document
· The Extra Factor – Training Module Booklet
The courses provide:
• Guidance on best practice for production personnel working with supporting artists agencies and supporting artists
• A clear understanding of productions and agencies legal, HR and health and safety responsibilities for supporting artists
• An overview and comparison of the four union agreements – FAA/Pact; Pact/Equity; ITV/Equity; BBC/Equity - and their application
• An insight into the employment and taxation status of supporting artists
• The responsibilities productions and supporting artists agencies have for supporting artists and how they can work together to deliver best practice