Thu 9th Jul 2020 11am
In this session on digital crowds, VFX Supervisor Joel Green from DNEG will explore how visual effects can conjure up rampaging armies, packed stadiums or bustling city streets utilising a range of approaches. Joel will discuss how best to combine in camera supporting actors with VFX in order to increase the scale and realism of your crowds while keeping numbers low on set. Something that will no doubt be especially desirable in a post-COVID shooting environment.
Thursday 9th July
11:00am - 12:00pm
Online Zoom session
Topics covered will include
• Overview of the main approaches to create and enhance crowd scenes
• How different crowd methodologies can influence and change the shoot
• VFX crowds working for a range of budgets
• How to bring digital crowds to life using pre-existing animations or capturing a custom library of performances
• How and which of these VFX techniques can help in a COVID production environment
Joel Green is a Visual Effects Supervisor at the 5 time Academy Award winning facility DNEG. He has just completed work on the latest James Bond film No Time To Die and has also supervised VFX work on films such as Wonder Woman, Godzilla and The Kid Who Would Be King.
Members and partners have been emailed the details.