Tue 28th Jul 2020 2:30pm
In our fourteenth masterclass since lockdown, we invite you to join Maryllis Gonzalez for her session: Becoming a HoD: how to move up the ladder and things to keep in mind on:
This masterclass will explore how to become a HoD and the things to look out for as you develop your career.
Topics covered will include:
- Personal and professional skill valuation (establishing when and how to get ready to step up)
- Finding a mentor.
- Preparing your CV, sharpen skills and ‘selling’ yourself.
- How to crew up: asking the right questions, profiling personnel, allocating roles.
- Time management, goal setting, running your department differently and efficiently.
- Help others to step up too.
- Other skills: mental health, physical health, being present and approaching conflict.
Members and partners have been emailed the details.
Maryllis Gonzalez, aka MG, is a Production Accountant and Life Coach with 14 years of experience in the industry. In 2018, MG started a Cast and Crew dedicated coaching practice, focused on mental health and offering support to her Film and TV industry peers. In her free time, MG mentors under the ScreenSkills Mentoring Scheme and rumour has it, her entertaining and out of tune Carpool Karaoke videos on Instagram will soon become viral.