Production Question Time in association with Sargent-Disc
On Thursday 30th March, Sargent-Disc and The Production Guild invited their members and affiliates to a Production Question Time seminar, hosted by The May Fair Hotel, which asked a panel of industry experts questions about the hot production issues of today.
The panel, chaired by Dr. Laurence Sargent, Director Sargent-Disc and introduced by Alison Small, CEO Production Guild included:
- Iain Smith, Producer; Mad Max; Fury Road, 24: Live Another Day, Children of Men
- Frith Tiplady, Joint Managing Director, Tiger Aspect Drama, Tiger Aspect Productions
- Fiona McGuire, Head of Physical Production, Pathé
- Julie Baines, Producer, Triangle, Detour, Creep
- Fiona Francombe, Site Director, The Bottle Yard Studios
Audience members were given the opportunity to ask the panel questions and debate what some of the solutions might be. Some of the questions explored were:
- Costs – where are the pressure points on production? How will the new statutory costs (pensions and apprenticeships) affect production?
- Training and skills – how do we ensure we have enough skilled and experienced crew to support the current levels of production? What are the opportunities for productions?
- Inclusion – what are productions doing to address diversity? What are they being asked to do by commissioners and public bodies? Are there any challenges?
Drinks were kindly sponsored by The May Fair Hotel.